Dive into a world of lush rainforests, exotic wildlife, towering volcanos and white-sand beaches on this fully customizable 11-day active vacation in Costa Rica! Journey from Tortuga Island on the Pacific Coast to Monteverde and the Arenal Volcano, then onto Puerto Viejo and the Caribbean Coast for cocktails and Calypso music. You'll hike, snorkel, horse-ride, raft, and boat to the heart of paradise from which you may never want to leave!See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• Arrival at San Jose Airport
• Transfer to your hotel to get settled in for the night
• Rest of the day free to relax or explore the city by foot
A luxury trip to Tortuga…
• Embark on a catamaran trip to Tortuga Island through the Nicoya Gulf
• Relax on the beach and go snorkeling in turquoise waters
• Transfer to Monteverde for the night
Above the rainforest…
• Head to Selvatura for a stunning canopy walk
• Walk 1.8 miles through incredible cloud forest
• Then, choose between horse-riding, a local village visit or free-time
Feel the geo-thermal heat…
• Transfer to Arenal Lake to board a boat to Arenal Volcano
• Lodge at Arenal Springs with geothermal baths
• Spend the rest of the day relaxing and exploring the lush hotel property
Fire & water...
• Set of on a guided hike along the El Silencio trail
• Stop at El Mirador to see an incredible lava stream
• Bathe in luxurious pools surrounded by rainforest (3h)
Glide through ‘Venice in the Jungle’…
• Set off for Guapiles and head to Tortuguero National Park
• Hop aboard a boat to explore the rainforest canals
• Take an optional guided tour after lunch
• Spend the morning cruising through the waterways of the park
• Hike up Tortuguera Hill or continue through the canals
• Enjoy the Lodge’s private hiking trails and swimming pool
Sun, sea and sand...
• Transfer by boat back to the port
• Journey to Puerto Viejo, your home for 2 nights
• Enjoy a free evening to relax or explore your surroundings
Life is better at the beach…
• Take a leisurely day at the beach
• Choose from several optional tours in the area
• Set off on a tour to Cahuita National Park
One last chance for adrenaline...
• Return to San José
• On the way, you can go for an optional white-water rafting excursion on the Pacuare River
• You've earned a free evening to relax or explore your surroundings
We hope you've had an incredible trip!
• Enjoy your final morning in Costa Rica
• Transfer to San José Airport to catch your flight home
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.