Since sustainable development became a priority in Costa Rica - economical dynamism, entrepreneurship, and research & development are utilized to protect the environment. For the traveler, it means preserved jungles, spectacular volcanoes, and wild beaches. Embark on an exploration of the "Pura Vida" lifestyle beginning with a mix of adrenaline pumping activities and nature immersion in La Fortuna & Arenal Volcano National Park. Discover vibrant wildlife, soak in soothing hot springs, go river rafting down the Balsas River, gaze over the tree tops during a canopy walk and explore dense jungles on guided hikes. Finish in Jacó, known for its surf, beaches & nightlife.See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• Arrival at Juan Santamaria International Airport in San José
• Transfer to La Fortuna (4h) (departures at 7am or 2:15pm)
• Reach the San Carlos Valley and check in at the hotel near the Arenal Volcano
• Set off on a half day rafting excursion on the Balsas river
• Swim in natural pools and take in the sounds of the surrounding tropical forest
• Don't leave without a rich lunch (included) to gain back some energy!
• Later, relax in the thermal center of Baldi Hot springs. Sit down for dinner at the center (included)
Suggestion: combine rafting with an ATV tour, zip-lining or canyoning to make it a full day of fun!
• Transfer by vehicle and then board a boat to cross the lake to Monteverde (3h30) (departures at 8:15am & 2:15pm)
• Once there, transfer to your hotel in Monteverde, a place of cloud forests and coffee plantations, monkeys, mist and friendly locals
• The town of Santa Elena is small and quaint, filled with tasty restaurants and artisan shops
Choose from a variety of optional activities...
• Go for a hike in the reserves of Monteverde and Santa Elena
• Set off on a zip-line excursion & canopy walk over bridges suspended on wires
• Discover the jewels of the rainforest at Selvatura Park
• Visit La Lechería, a cheese factory created in 1953 by Quakers from the United States
• Horse-back riding and canyoning are other great options
• Take a group transfer at 8am to Jaco (3h)
• Spend the rest of the day at leisure
• We suggest some of these optional activities for your free day in Jaco:
• Take some surf lessons or visit Isla Damas by kayak or boat
• Go on a photo safari on the Rio Tarcoles
• Set off on a Tortuga Island excursion
• Visit the Carara National Park
We hope you've enjoyed your trip!
• Group transfer to San José (3h)
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.