Get ready for hidden gems, secluded nature, and places that'll keep you away from the touristy areas, all while experiencing Costa Rica's sustainable ecotourism of the country. On this customisable two-week tour you’ll travel through highlands and lowlands, beaches, canals and jungles, cloud forest and natural parks. With lots of guided activities, and plenty of encounters with unique wildlife, you’ll access the most remote and beautiful destinations in Costa Rica.
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Your adventure to remote Costa Rica begins here...
• You'll be met at San Jose Airport by your driver
• Transfer to the Sarapiqui Rainforest area
• Spend the evening relaxing after your journey
Pump up the adrenaline on the first day…
• Choose between multiple activities for the day
• Float along rivers, hike through rainforest, or zip-line above
• Horse-ride with a rancher or white-water raft (class II-III)
Don’t worry, you get another chance to choose...
• Choose another half-day adventure from the previous day
• Transfer to the South Caribbean beaches
• Free evening to relax or explore your surroundings
White-sand beaches filled with exotic species...
• Snorkel through the coral reef at Cahuita National Park
• Look out for sea urchins, lobsters, turtles and sponges
• Hike through jungles filled with monkeys, sloths and iguanas
Prepare for the most adorable day of the trip…
• Visit the internationally known Sloth Sanctuary!
• Meet Buttercup, a baby sloth rescued from an earthquake
• Canoe with your guide through the lowland rainforest
Where the forest meets the beach…
• Relax in the lush scenery of Gandoca-Manzanillo Refuge
• Spot over 384 types of bird, including toucans
• Learn about medicinal plants and Afro-Caribbean culture
Venice never looked so lush…
• Take a boat from Cano Blanco dock towards Tortuguero
• Glide through the canals of the ‘Venice in the Jungle’
• Get to know the locals at a nearby Tortuguero village
Another day in paradise…
• Spend more time on the Tortuguero canals
• Keep an eye out for caiman, river turtles, and lizards
• Finish with a guided walk through the Rainforest Trails
Cool off under cascading waters…
• Take a short flight back to San Jose, then on to San Gerardo
• Follow your guide to Savegre Waterfalls and caves
• Spend the rest of the day relaxing
Bird enthusiasts get ready…
• Hike to see the rare Resplendent Quetzal bird
• Walk along cloud forest trails and spot more rare birds
• Take a night hike to find Dusky Nightjar and Mottled Owls
Take to the seas for your next destination…
• Transfer to Sierpe Dock to head to Drake Bay (3.5 hours)
• Check-in at the hotel, then relax for the rest of the day
• Dip in and out of the sea and relax on the beach
Revel in the largest National Park in the country…
• Explore Corcovado Park, most biodiverse place in the world
• Look out for jaguars, tapir, peccaries or scarlet macaws
• Hike through as many as eight different habitats
Snorkelling, swimming and dolphin-seeking…
• Hop on a boat to Caño Island National Park
• Catch sight of dolphins or Humpback whales (seasonal)
• Snorkel along the coast before a beach lunch
Relax and recover after your whirlwind trip…
• Transfer back to San Jose
• Visit the beautiful Heredia area of San Jose
• Spend the afternoon relaxing by the pool at your hotel
It’s time to head home…
• Soak up the sights of San Jose before heading back
• Transfer to San Jose Airport for your flight home
• We hope you've had an amazing time!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per person, based on double occupancy|