Make your next adventure to China a memorable one! Come and discover China's rich cultural heritage of architecture, martial arts and Terracotta Warriors in this 11-day, customisable tour. Take a calligraphy lesson, explore the Forbidden City, and climb the Great Wall of China. You'll visit Beijing, Xi'an and Luoyang in a tour packed with history, nature and cities.See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Let’s get down to some sightseeing…
• Arrival in Shanghai, and transfer to city centre
• Visit the Old City, near to the Chenghuangmiao district
• Stroll through the lush Yuyuan Garden
Be soothed by canals, peace gardens and silk...
• Take a boat tour through Tongli, the Venice of the East
• Meander through the relaxing Suzhou Gardens
• Finish the day at a world-famous silk factory.
A day of bustling through Shanghai’s history…
• Ride the ferry to the Bund financial district
• Head to the People’s Square for some museum time
• Transfer to the station for the train to Luoyang
Discover the Chinese underground (literally!)...
• Tour the Longmen Grottos to see beautiful Buddhist art
• Explore the Yungang and Mogao Caves
• Visit the Old City of Luoyang
Creep past silent warriors made of pottery…
• View the 2,200-year-old Terracotta Army
• See inside the Great Mosque, heart of Islam in China
• Head to the bustling Muslim Quarter, packed with shops
Practice the delicate brushstrokes of calligraphy…
• See the elegant Small Wild Goose Pagoda
• Brush up on your Mandarin in a calligraphy class
• Transfer to the station for the overnight train to Beijing
Sample the wonders of China’s capital…
• Visit imperious and intimidating Tiananmen Square
• Take a rickshaw ride through Hutong
• Finish at the promenade at Shichahai (Houhai)
Dig deep into the history of Imperial Beijing…
• Visit the Temple of Heaven, religious centre of Imperial China
• Enter the Forbidden City, closed to commoners for centuries
• Marvel at the art and artefacts of the Palace Museum
Walk the paths of Ancient China for a day…
• Climb the steps of the Great Wall at Mutianyu
• Visit the Ming Tomb Zhaoling, resting place of emperors
• Walk the Sacred Road, lined with marble animals and figures
Soak up the city before you head home…
• Spend a final few hours wandering the city
• Transfer to the airport for your flight home
• We hope you've had an incredible trip!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|For 2||For 4||Single supplement|
|April, May, September, October, November 1-14||£940||£830||£160|
|March, June, July, August, November 15-30||£940||£830||£160|
|January, February, December||£910||£810||£150|