We propose this 8 day trip, of which 5 in snowshoes crossing the mountain chains of Vardeniats, Tegheniats, Sevan Lake, Khachkars (cross-stones) until the monastery of Noravank. During the trip you will witness the landscape change: we will slowly leave highlands to find woodlands, meanwhile discovering abandoned monasteries and ancient fortresses. Did you know that you can snowshoe in Armenia?!See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Today your journey begins!
• Transfer to your hotel.
• After breakfast, we will depart to the Kotayk region. Snowshoeing to the summit Mount Hatis (2526) which raises its isolated cone between the Guéghama mountain range and Mount Aragats.
• From the top, a spectacular view opens up to the Guéghama mountain range (3597m), the Ararat biblical mountain (5165m) and the highest peak of Armenia - the Aragats (4095m).
• After lunch, visit the small church of Kaptavank XIVscl. Transfer to Aghveran.
• Today we'll depart for the village of Yeghvard.
• The ascent of Mount Ara (2585), part of a path passes in a small forest. Mount Ara opens a beautiful 360-degree panoramic view.
• View to monastery Saghmosavank XIII century, standing at the edge of the picturesque canyon Kasakh, Ajdahak volcano (3597) third summit of Armenia, the reservoir of Aparan and of course Mount Aragats and Ararat.
• We will start our walk from the hotel to the summit of Tegheniats Mountain. After, we go down to the ruins of the monastery Teghenis.
• After a lunch break, continue the walk towards Bujakan village and then to the Lake Sevan, the "Blue Pearl" of Armenia.
• Today we will head to Madina village. Hike from the village to the summit of Armaghan volcano at 2780 m altitude.
• A beautiful view of the Argichi plateau and the Gueghama and Vardniats mountain ranges.
• Visit Caravanserai of Selim. Built in 1332 by Prince Chesar Orbelian, the Caravanserai of Selim is a splendid witness of the past. On the Silk Road, it allowed connecting Persia to the West.
• Today we'll go to Goghtanik village. From here we will begin our ascent to the homonymous summit 2495m! A beautiful view of the mountain ranges of Vardenis and Vayots Dzor. Picnic in the mountains.
• Visit the village and church Zorats (14th century). The Zorats church is unique in its architecture among the Armenian churches.
• After breakfast, travel to Gnishik Canyon. Visit the monastery of Noravank (13th century), one of the most remarkable monuments of medieval Armenia.
• Later, let's head for the site of Khor Virap, located on a hill from where opens a striking sight on Mount Ararat. It is one of the sacred places of the Armenian Apostolic Church.
• After this, we'll leave for the capital!
• Transfer to the airport.
We hope you enjoyed your time in Armenia!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Prices Starting From
|From January to December||£910|