We suggest you to enjoy this special tour for nature lovers! It’ll let you combine the cultural visits with amazing trekking in the picturesque gorges and forests. Being a tailor-made programme, the length and difficulty of each of the hikes included in the itinerary can be 100% adapted to you and your travel companions, so simply let our local experts know what sort of tour you're looking for and they'll create it for you.See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• Arrival at Zvartnots airport.
• Transfer and installation at the hotel in Yerevan.
City tour through the different sites of interest!
• For example visit Republic Square, Esplanade of the Cascade with the statues of Botero, Opera Square, etc. • After lunch, go to Matenadaran, the Institute of Ancient Manuscripts, which holds one of the world's richest depositories of medieval manuscripts and books!
• Visit the Monastery of Geghard (from the 13th century), a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
• Continue to the pagan temple of Garni (77 AD) and the only Hellenistic monument on the whole territory of Armenia.
• Hike to explore the Garni gorge which is known as the “Symphony of Stones” or “Basalt organ”.
• Lunch at a local’s house in Garni, where you will discover the Armenian hospitality.
• After breakfast, depart for Etchmiatsin, the Armenian Vatican.
• In 301, Armenia became the first country to adopt Christianity as a state religion where as a cathedral is then built.
• Visit the ruins of Zvartnots (seventh century), one of the most original masterpieces of Armenian architecture, classified as UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Today, we will depart to the Syunik region.
• Visit the megalithic site of Karahundj, one of the oldest observatories in the world (5-7th millennium BC).
• After the visit, we will take the Russian military 4x4 that will take us to the point of our hike to 2900 meters.
• Walk to a mountain lake (3200 m), around which are we will find the engraved stones dating from prehistory.
• In the morning you will be transferred to Ltsen. Walk from the village of Ltsen to the pass of the Syuniats Mountains, from where a magnificent view of the Shamb Reservoir and the Vorotan Gorge opens up!
• Picnic lunch in the nature. Descent to the village of Tatev, passing by the fields of beautiful flowers.
• Visit the Tatev Monastery, the most important historical monument of Syunik province. It has been classified as World Heritage by UNESCO since 1995.
• Departure for the city of Goris. It is one of the most beautiful cities of Armenia which offers opportunities for walks in the mountain!
• Today, departure for the village Khndzoresk, widely famous for its canyon with picturesque rock formations and ancient cave settlement.
• Hike in the old 100% troglodyte dead city dug in volcanic tuffs and inhabited until the beginning of the 20th century.
• Visit the monastery of Noravank (IX-XIV century), one of the most remarkable monuments of medieval Armenia.
• Transfer to Artabuynk. Starting point for hiking to the fortress of Smbataberd (10th century) and continue to the monastery of Tsakhats Kar.
• After a picnic, hike to Yegheguis, visit the village where you can find a very old cemetery and the church Zorats (14th century).
• Visit the Caravanserai of Selim (14th century).
• After, transfer by bus to Noraduz, a medieval cemetery which is famous for a large number of early khachkars. The oldest khachkars in the cemetery date back to the late 10th century.
• After lunch, we recommend a visit to the peninsula with its monastery.
• Transfer to the Monastery of Goshavank (X-XIII century). The monastery was founded in 1181 by the renowned monk and jurist, Mkhitar Gosh, author of the first Armenian codex.
• After lunch, hike from the village to Lake Parz. From the top opens a beautiful panoramic view of the Pambak and Lalvar mountain range.
• Today, discover the old district of Dilijan, known as the spa town in the Tavush Province of Armenia.
• Continue to Haghpat and Sanahin. Founded in the 10th-13th centuries, these architectural and artistic ensembles are both UNESCO World Heritage Sites and are among the country's largest cultural and spiritual centers.
• After lunch, depart to Odzoun. This village shelters is an architectural site dating probably from the 5th and 6th centuries.
• Stop at the local’s place where you will receive a warm welcome from the villagers. Participation in the preparation of the traditional barbecue.
• Hike from Odzoun to the Kobayr monastery. The path served to the monks to access the monastery of Horomayr, built in the 10th-13th century, and which is accessible only by foot.
• Then, depart for the monastery of Marmashen. Visit this great cultural and spiritual center of the tenth century founded by Vahram Pahlavouni.
• After a last Armenian breakfast, we will take the direction of the Armenian-Georgian border. Transfer to Vardzia.
• Depart for Akhaltsikhe. On the road, make a stopover to discover the fortress of Khertvisi, which is at the jonction of two rivers. Arrival at Akhaltsikhe.
• In the morning, drive to Borjomi. Make a short stop at Borjomi Park known for its sparkling water.
• Continue to the Imereti region (West Georgia) and arrive at Kutaisi, a city that was part of the kingdom of Colchis where Jason and the Argonauts had seized the Golden Fleece.
• Visit the Cathedral of Bagrati (11th century - UNESCO Cultural Heritage) located on Mount Ukimerioni.
• During the trip, an emblematic monument will attract our curiosity: the architectural monastic complex of Ananuri! Nestled in its fortress and overlooking an artificial lake, the complex, dating from the sixteenth to seventeenth centuries, is even more impressive.
• Stop at Gori to visit the ancient troglodyte city Uplistsikhe (1st millennium BC), on the famous Silk Road. In the caves, we can observe the habits and customs of the past: grain reserves, bread ovens, the basilica with three naves dug in the rock and the ancient theater.
• A short transfer along the river Tergui takes us to the village of Juta (2165m). This is where we begin our trek to the rocky slopes of Mount Chaukhebi!
• After a hike of 2h30 (round trip 6 km), visit the Trinité de Guérgueti church at 2170m. If the weather allows, we can see Mount Kazbegui (5047m).
• Drive south through the magnificent landscapes of the Greater Caucasus along the famous Military Road.
• Through the Jvari Pass (2395m), continue to Mtskheta, one of the oldest cities of Georgia where we will see the Monastery of Jvari (6th century) and Svetiskhoveli Cathedral (11th century).
• Svetiskhoveli is considered as one of the most sacred places in Georgia where the tunic of Jesus Christ is buried. The Djvari Monastery and the Svetiskhoveli Cathedral are part of the UNESCO Cultural Heritage.
• Travel to the region of Kakheti, known as the wine region.
• Visit a family of local peasants (farmers) where tourists can visit the wine cellar, 300 years old filled with the jugs, which are buried in the ground. Te wine tasting will be directly from these jugs!
• Then drive to a monastic complex of Gremi where we will visit the Ethnographic Museum and King Levan's Palace.
• Guided tour in the capital of Georgia! It charms visitors with its romantic, narrow streets, beautiful facades and picturesque sites next to each other, such as Metekhi Church, Synagogue, Sioni Cathedral, Bridge of Peace, Anchiskhati Church and famous sulphur bathhouses.
• Transfer from hotel to airport!
We hope you had a great journey!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
Price Per Adult
Prices Starting From
|January 2020 to December 2020||£1,740|